Immigration and citizenship law for practitioners, by experts in the field.
Designed by leading practitioners and academics, our new, innovative program transforms the classroom experience. You will gain the required knowledge and professional skills for working in this complex and rewarding field.
Aligned with the Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant’s new competency profile, our customized approach ensures you will acquire a deep understanding of Canadian immigration and citizenship law and procedures, as well as the knowledge and skills necessary for successful practice.
The program is composed of nine courses, all offered in an online format, and regular tutorials via web conferencing with course instructors. You will acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to succeed in this complex and rewarding field.
Program Learning Outcomes
After completing all nine courses, you will:
- understand foundational Canadian and international legal frameworks to provide competent client services;
- act as effective case managers, navigate complex legal procedures and apply relevant legal and policy instruments to protect client interests;
- conduct legal research through traditional and information technology sources to develop and pursue legal strategy;
- embody leadership skills and sound business management practices;
- represent clients before the Immigration and Refugee Board, drawing on knowledge and professional skills;
- appreciate the multifaceted demands of professional responsibility and adhere to the RCIC’s Code of Professional Ethics
- provide culturally competent service based on clients’ cultural needs, values, and priorities;
- use effective communication and advocacy skills in the provision of services;
- integrate critical thinking and problem-solving skills in all aspects of case management.
Built by experts for future professionals.
The Graduate Diploma in Immigration and Citizenship Law’s content has been developed by a blend of internationally recognized migration law experts and seasoned practitioners. The result is a program that brings both leading-edge theory and the realities of practice into play.
*Course summaries are subject to change.